Below are the SLIDELUCK Terms & Conditions all Slideluck Local Director’s must agree to. Please ensure that you read and understand all the Terms & Conditions before completing your registration.
Thanks for joining the Slideluck community!
SLIDELUCK License Terms & Conditions
Congratulations on your participation as a Director of SLIDELUCK.
This document shall serve as the agreement (“Agreement”) between you (“the Director” or “You”) and Slideluck Global (“SLIDELUCK”) (collectively, the “Parties”) for the purposes of the Director organizing, promoting and holding a SLIDELUCK event (“SLIDELUCK Event”) To that end, the Parties agree as follows:
Term of Agreement
– This Agreement shall remain in effect for one (1) SLIDELUCK Event or one (1) calendar year, whichever comes first. It is expected that SLIDELUCK will renew this Agreement with You on an ongoing basis as long as You continue to meet performance expectations. However, the Parties retain the right to terminate this Agreement for any reason after providing one month written notice or, in the event that an SLIDELUCK Event is less than a month away, SLIDELUCK reserves the right to terminate within ten (10) days written notice for conduct not in keeping with SLIDELUCK’s standards, not in keeping with the criteria set out in the Director’s Handbook discussed below, or for breach of this Agreement.
– Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement all rights granted to Licensee by Slideluck hereunder shall cease automatically and shall automatically revert to Slideluck. Upon such termination, Licensee shall cease its use of any of the Slideluck Marks.
Confidentiality and Non-Compete
– You agree to keep this Agreement and all other materials and information provided by SLIDELUCK in written and verbal form confidential and You will not reproduce the contents, means, or methods set forth therein to anyone without the prior written consent of SLIDELUCK. These confidentiality obligations are continuing in nature and You agree to continue to abide by them after the termination and/or expiration of this Agreement unless and until dumpclick.com SLIDELUCK provides written consent ending such obligations.
– You agree You will not develop, organize, pursue, promote, market, finance, complete or otherwise assist in and/or engage in any events combining a slideshow with a potluck dinner without the prior written consent of SLIDELUCK, during the term of this Agreement.
Recurring Licensing Fee
Budget and Expenses
– You agree to be responsible for meeting all expenses for the SLIDELUCK Event by any combination of revenue (e.g., submission fees, tickets, door donations, bar tips, raffles), grants, and sponsorships (cash or in-kind donations).
– After paying your licensing fee and all other expenses, any additional proceeds may be used as You deem appropriate (e.g., compensation for You as the Director and/or team members, starter funds for your next SLIDELUCK Event, etc.).
SLIDELUCK agrees to provide You with access to:
– A suite of online documents, including a budget template and submissions spreadsheet.
– A Viewbook account to which artists will upload their submissions for your SLIDELUCK Event.
– An event listing on the SLIDELUCK website.
– A variety of electronic files including the Director’s Handbook, image files of the SLIDELUCK design mark (logo) set forth below, and other signage, an event photo archive, and templates for various Event-related communications (e.g., call for submissions, press releases, etc.).
Technical Aspects of Production
– You agree that the technical aspects of the SLIDELUCK Event will follow the specifications outlined in the Director’s Handbook. Collection of artist submissions, communication with artists, updating the submissions spreadsheet and creation of slide shows will be performed by You and/or your team.
– You agree a professional or semi-professional photographer shall photograph the SLIDELUCK Event according to terms provided by SLIDELUCK. A selection of event images must be shared with SLIDELUCK within 7 days of the event. Having the Event captured by a videographer is desirable, but optional. Any related expenses will be paid for by proceeds from the SLIDELUCK Event.
Promotion and Public Relations
– You agree to actively promote the SLIDELUCK Event on the SLIDELUCK website, in print, in the broadcast media and through social media (e.g,, Facebook,, Twitter, WordPress, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Blogger, MySpace, etc.).
– You agree to provide two copies of any printed press or promotional materials (e.g., print newspaper or magazine articles about the SLIDELUCK Event, and posters, flyers and other PR materials for the SLIDELUCK Event) for SLIDELUCK archival purposes.
– You agree to record an accurate headcount of attendees and to report that information to SLIDELUCK after the SLIDELUCK Event. You also agree to make reasonable efforts to gather email contact information of attendees to share with SLIDELUCK.
Use of the SLIDELUCK Marks: Word Mark and Design Mark
– Word Mark: SLIDELUCK®
– Design Mark:
– You agree that the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and/or Design Mark will appear on all communications and promotional materials, whether printed or electronic.
– You may not alter the appearance of the SLIDELUCK and Design Mark or the title of the show; any alteration of the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark is expressly prohibited except with express written approval by SLIDELUCK.
– This requirement for SLIDELUCK consent extends to all situations, including in which a Director wishes to have the name of their city inserted into the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark, e.g.:
– Names and marks of sponsoring companies and agencies may be included on promotional materials where reasonable, but You must assure that the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark are distinct from all other names and marks on such materials.
– You agree not to use the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark in conjunction with any other trademark(s) resulting in a composite mark, which is expressly prohibited except with express written approval by SLIDELUCK.
– You agree that the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark are solely for use concerning the SLIDELUCK Event and are to be used solely in the form and format as set forth herein, and in the Director’s Handbook; any other use is expressly prohibited, except with express written approval by SLIDELUCK.
– You agree that ownership and title in the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark, and the goodwill associated with it, are an important and valuable asset of SLIDELUCK and shall remain at all times solely with SLIDELUCK. Your use of the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark and related goodwill shall inure to the sole benefit of SLIDELUCK. You hereby acknowledges the validity of the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark and SLIDELUCK’s right, title and interest in and to the Marks to grant the non-exclusive license here.
– You agree not to register or attempt to register any trademarks, trade names, domain names, search keywords, or vanity urls that are identical to, or confusingly similar to the SLIDELUCK Word Mark and Design Mark or any other trademarks, trade names or domain names of SLIDELUCK.
No Agency and No Assignment
– You are not an agent, employer or employee of SLIDELUCK , nor is SLIDELUCK an agent, employer or employee of You. This Agreement shall not be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, or the relationship of principal and agent, or employer and employee between the Parties, nor impose upon either Party any debts or obligations incurred by the other Party. Neither Party shall have the power or authority to bind the other except as specifically set out in this Agreement.
– The rights and obligations under this Agreement are undertaken and agreed to by the individual Director signing this Agreement. This Agreement may not be assigned by the Parties; any attempted assignment without SLIDELUCK’s express written consent shall be void and without force or effect.
– You agree to indemnify and hold harmless SLIDELUCK and its officers, directors, members, employees and agents against any and all judgments, damages, liabilities, costs and losses that arise out of or relate to the unauthorized reproduction, copying, or displaying of images at the SLIDELUCK Event.
Entire Agreement, Venue and Choice of Law
– This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and shall not be modified or amended except in writing signed by both Parties, and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements between the Parties. Any amendment of this Agreement shall come into force only after both Parties sign a written agreement.
– This Agreement shall be governed and construed according with the substantive laws of the State of New York without reference to or inclusion of the principles of choice of law or conflicts of law of that jurisdiction except for those giving effect to this choice of law. In the event of any dispute concerning this Agreement, the Parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of federal and state courts with jurisdiction over New York, New York, and waives any objection it might have based upon improper venue or inconvenient forum.