Photo by Teresa Schebiella
Calling all artists! Slideluck Denpasar is seeking photography, visual artwork and multimedia pieces from artists from all places and all walks of life to be part of a special show during Micro Galleries: Denpasar.
What is Slideluck anyway? Slideluck is a New York City-based non-profit arts organization that provides an opportunity for artists and arts-appreciators to gather around food, friends, and artwork for an unforgettable afternoon. The event begins with a robust potluck brunch lovingly provided by the attendees. When everyone has had their fill, we’ll dim the lights, hush the crowd, and begin a dynamic slideshow of visual art that you’ll never forget. Slidelucks have been held around the world, including Amsterdam, Barcelona, and London. We’re excited to be coming to Bali for not one but two incredible events in the first weeks of October.
Slideluck Denpasar will occur in collaboration with Micro Galleries Denpasar during their festival dates of October 2-16th. Micro Galleries reclaims disused and forgotten spaces and reactivates them as tiny galleries that are free and accessible to the local community. Bringing together international and local artists, it features work that challenges ingrained ideas, blurs the line between street art and fine art, and aims to help change the way we see the world, our environment and our community – even for a micro moment. The theme for this show is completely open, so show us what you got!
Submit your work! Both still-image and multimedia submissions may be sent through Submittable. Please consult our submissions page for detailed guidelines and instructions. For copyright purposes, all audio included in submissions must be open-sourced, we encourage you to peruse the Creative Commons and the Free Music Archive.
Need some inspiration? Check out our show with Micro Galleries earlier this year in Nowra.
The deadline to submit is September 15, 2015.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with direct inquiries.
- Most presentations are 2-3 minutes long, accompanied by a musical track you select.
- We recommend sending submissions between 15-40 images.
- Multimedia and video pieces should be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- We accept submissions in digital format only.
- Selections will be made and artists notified prior to the event.
- Any work that you submit to Slideluck is added to our database.
- If you are not accepted for this show, we will consider your work for other upcoming Slideluck events.
Still Image Requirements:
– Every image must be at least 1024×768 pixels. We strongly recommend that you submit images that are 1080 pixels in height for maintaining the highest standards of quality. The width will be determined by the aspect ratio of your images.
– Every slideshow is set to music or an audio recording that the artist has selected. You will need to upload a music file during the submissions process. On average, each slideshow image will be projected for four seconds, so check that your audio track is longer than that time period multiplied by the number of submission slides (for example, a slideshow containing 30 slides would last approximately 120 seconds or two minutes – four times thirty equals 120). In some instances, the audio requirement may be waived or altered on specific calls for specific events. Please double check the details of the call! For copyright purposes, all audio included in submissions must be open-sourced. You can search for open-sourced music through resources such as the Free Music Archive or Creative Commons. Submissions containing copyrighted music may be subject to change by the Slideluck Team. Please contact us at email@example.com with direct questions.
– We generally accept all types of submissions, as long as the work can be represented fairly in a slideshow format. Please adhere to the individual theme or other requirements detailed in the individual call for entries from the particular city and event you are submitting to. Details about all our open calls can be found here.
– Along with your images, you will need to supply three additional slides- one with your name and the title of the project (if applicable), a music credit slide, and a slide with your contact info or representation.
Multimedia and Video Requirements:
We accept only Quicktime .mov and .mp4 files with the following specifications:
– compressed with the h.264 codec
– at least 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels high. We strongly recommend that you submit video at full High Definition resolution- 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high.
– running 30 or 29.97 frames per second
– under 300MB
– no longer than 5 minutes, maximum
Please make sure that your piece begins with a clear title card, including your name, and ends with proper credits including contact information and music credit.
We cannot accept Soundslides files, flash files, Keynote projects or other formats.
If you have a question not answered here or require assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing your work!Posted on