Potluck + Slideshow = Slideluck!
For the fifth time in Amsterdam, Slideluck will bring together diverse groups of people, artwork, food, music, ideas and perspectives under one roof on September 27th.
This is how it works: everyone brings home-cooked food and together we create a decadent, overflowing buffet. After some snacking, tasting and comparing favorite dishes, the lights are dimmed and the crowd is hushed. It’s time for slideshows by photographers from all over the world. For this we need YOU!
The theme for the fifth edition is ‘Unseen’, as we are happy to announce we are pairing up with ‘Unseen Photo Festival’ this year.
We love to bring together photographers and imaging professionals from every discipline* to join with the public in celebration of the medium, so are seeking cohesive, creative, and thought-provoking submissions. Participants are encouraged to take creative risks, in terms of content, theme and presentation.
Featured submissions will be chosen well-known curator, whose name will soon be announced. Those who will be part of the final selection will be informed shortly after the deadline.
Past contributors to Slideluck include: The Guggenheim Foundation, Chuck Close, Bruce Davidson, Gregory Crewdson, Michael Wolf, Elinor Carucci, Spencer Tunick, Chris Buck, Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, Phillip Toledano, Martin Parr and many others.
So, what are you waiting for? Please submit your work before September 15th, then simply come with your friend, bring some homemade food to share and simply have an amazing night.
We are looking forward to seeing you September 27th!
Slideluck Amsterdam V
Sunday | September 27
17:00 Potluck | Sociëteit De Kring
Kleine-Gartmanplantsoen 7-9 | 1st floor
20:30 Slideshow | Cinema Pathé City
GENERAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
– Slideluck shows generally consist of 20-25 artists, with each artist featuring up to five minutes of original work.
– In most cases, this is a slideshow of between 15 to 40 images. We recommend 20 – 30 images.
– Every image must be at least 1024×768 pixels. We strongly recommend that you submit images that are 1080 pixels in height for maintaining the highest standards of quality. The width will be determined by the aspect ratio of your images.
– Every slideshow is set to music or an audio recording that the artist has selected. You will need to upload a music file during the submissions process. On average, each slideshow image will be projected for four seconds, so check that your audio track is longer than that time period multiplied by the number of submission slides (for example, a slideshow containing 30 slides would last approximately 120 seconds or two minutes – four times thirty equals 120). In some instances, the audio requirement may be waived or altered on specific calls for specific events. Please double check the details of the call! For copyright purposes, all audio included in submissions must be open-sourced. You can search for open-sourced music through resources such as the Free Music Archive or Creative Commons. Submissions containing copyrighted music may be subject to change by the Slideluck Team. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with direct questions.
– We generally accept all types of submissions, as long as the work can be represented fairly in a slideshow format. Please adhere to the individual theme or other requirements detailed in the individual call for entries from the particular city and event you are submitting to. Details about all our open calls can be found here.
– Along with your images, you will need to supply three additional slides- one with your name and the title of the project (if applicable), a music credit slide, and a slide with your contact info or representation.
Multimedia and Video Requirements:
We accept only Quicktime .mov and .mp4 files with the following specifications:
– compressed with the h.264 codec
– at least 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels high. We strongly recommend that you submit video at full High Definition resolution- 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high.
– running 30 or 29.97 frames per second
– under 300MB
– no longer than 5 minutes, maximum
Please make sure that your piece begins with a clear title card, including your name, and ends with proper credits including contact information and music credit.
We cannot accept Soundslides files, flash files, or other formats.
For complete guidelines please read our Submissions Page.
Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.comPosted on