We are delighted to announce that Slideluck Roma is coming back to the Capital for the second time on Friday, September 4th, 2015.
Slideluck Roma is possible thanks to the partnership with ARENE DI ROMA during the ESTATE ROMANA – ROMA CAPITALE.
For the slideshow, Slideluck Roma is welcoming photographic bodies of work and multimedia submissions on the theme STILL MOVING.
Take inspiration from this quote by Robert Frank: “I will make a film…about photographs leading (me) to moving images. Fragments of saved up memories…moving inside that frame. Pushing towards another scene. To reveal and to hide the truth. A photograph is fiction and a sit is moving, it becomes reality.”
We are expecting works that explore the boudaries between documentary and fiction, to be presented in a projection of vibrant works chosen by curators Louise Clements (Artistic Director of QUAD & FORMAT International Photography Festival, Curator and Writer, UK); Giammaria De Gasperis (Photo Consultant, Photo Editor & Art Curator. RVM founder and Editorial Director); and Maria Teresa Salvati (Italy/UK, Curator, Director at Slideluck Europe; Editor-in-Chief at Slideluck Editorial).
We are excited to announce these perks for those who submit their work:
- An edited selection of the final submissions will be shown on screen in QUAD/Derby during FORMAT16 exhibitions, Off Year Program
- Some of the selected slideshows will be promoted on RVM Magazine‘s website and on its social channels
- The best multimedia works will be featured on Slideluck Editorial
- The Trip Magazine will be supporting the event and will interview one or two of the best photographers selected
- 1-2 photographers will be featured on GUP Magazine site with their portfolio
Submit your work for a chance to be shown at Slideluck Rome / STILL MOVING! There is a € 10,00 fee per submission. This is an opportunity for photographers to have their work screened in a unique environment. We accept series of images plus a sound/music file, or multimedia submissions. We accept all submission through Submittable. Click here to be taken to the form. For more info, follow the instructions on the Slideluck submissions page.
THE FILES MUST MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Full High Definition resolution
- Photography or visual art submissions should consist of 15 to 40 images. We recommend 20 – 30 images.
- Multimedia and video pieces should be mov or mp4 files and no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- For copyright purposes, all audio included in submissions must be open-sourced. Please see our guidelines on the Submissions page for further information regarding music and audio. (*You can search for open-sourced music through resources such as the Free Music Archive or Creative Commons)
- Please make sure that your piece begins with a clear title card, including your name, and ends with proper credits including contact information and music credit.
- We cannot accept Soundslides files, Flash files, or other formats.
*** DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL August 6th, 2015 ***
SLIDELUCK Roma II
Friday | September 4th | 2015
Chiostro di San Pietro in Vincoli
Piazza di San Pietro in Vincoli | 4/a
00184 | Roma | Italy
Follow Slideluck Rome on Facebook to learn about updates as they come in!