Slideluck is returning to the Second City for the fourth time on Friday, February 13th, 2015!
Slideluck is a non-profit organization based in New York City that is dedicated to building and strengthening community through food and art. Since 2000, we have hosted potluck dinners combined with multimedia slideshows in over 75 cities worldwide and presented the work of roughly 10,000 artists. At each event, guests bring home-cooked dishes to share and the feast is followed by a slideshow of 20-25 local artists, ranging from emerging to very established. Notable past Slideluckers include Chuck Close, Shepard Fairey, Elliott Erwitt, Spencer Tunick, Edward Burtynsky, Lauren Greenfield, Nadav Kander, Inez & Vinoodh, Bruce Davidson, Gregory Crewdson, Julie Blackmon, Alec Soth, Eugene Mirman, Alex Prager, Iwan Baan, Martin Parr, and DJ Spooky.
Submit your work today for SLIDELUCK Chicago IV! The submission deadline is Wednesday, February 4th, 2015. This show will be curated by Keren Sachs, Director of Content Development at Offset.
– In recognition of Valentine’s Day, the show’s theme is “Eat Your Heart Out.” Let’s talk about love – from the carnal to the platonic, “happily ever-after” accounts to heart-wrenching tales of loss, we want you to teach us something about love.
– Photography or visual art submissions should consist of 15 to 40 images.
– Multimedia and video pieces should be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
– For copyright purposes, all audio included in submissions must be open-sourced. Please see our guidelines for further information regarding music and audio.
– The call is open to all forms of visual art.
SLIDELUCK Chicago IV
Friday | February 13th | 2015
8:00pm Potluck | 9:30pm Slideshow | Music Before & After Slideshow
$5 Donation at Door | Free Admission with Potluck Dish
The Promontory | 65311 South Lake Park Ave West | Chicago, IL
With generous support provided by:
Brought to you in part by the Chicago Performance Lab, a division of Theatre and Performance Studies at the University of Chicago: